Ask Metro Dentalcare Coon Rapids if our services are right for youMake an Appointment
A bridge is made up of two or more crowns for the teeth on either side of the gap (these anchoring teeth are called abutment teeth) and a false tooth or teeth in between. These false teeth are called pontics and can be made from gold, alloys, porcelain, or a combination of these materials. Dental bridges are supported by natural teeth or implants.
Benefits of Bridges
- Restore your smile
- Restore the ability to properly chew and speak
- Maintain the shape of your face
- Distribute the forces in your bite properly by replacing missing teeth
- Prevent remaining teeth from drifting out of position
The Dental Bridge Procedure
- During the first visit, the abutment teeth are prepared for the crown. Preparation involves recontouring these teeth by removing a portion of enamel to allow room for a crown to be placed over them. Next, impressions of your teeth are made, which serve as a model from which the bridge, pontic, and crowns will be made by a dental laboratory. Your dentist will make a temporary bridge for you to wear to protect the exposed teeth and gums while your bridge is being made.
- During the second visit, your temporary bridge will be removed and the new permanent bridge will be checked and adjusted, as necessary, to achieve a proper fit. Multiple visits may be required to check the fit of the metal framework and bite. This is dependent on each individual's case.
If you’re feeling self-conscious about your missing teeth, call Metro Dentalcare Coon Rapids at 763-323-3042. We're here to help!